If you don’t know Yasso, he served as the Chief Running Officer for Runner’s World before retiring in 2017, has run on all seven continents, is the namesake of marathon fitness indicator, “the Yasso 800s”, and is a passionate believer in the power of running to bring people together, to name just a few things.
Here’s a couple of Yasso links to enjoy…
- Bart Yasso & 5 Things He Wished He Knew When He Started Running, Run Local IGTV
- The Real History of the Yasso 800s, by Amby Burfoot
- Morning Shakeout Podcast: Bart Yasso, by Mario Fraioli
- Book – My Life on the Run: The Wit, Wisdom, and Insights of a Road Racing Icon
- Book – Runner’s World Race Everything: How to Conquer Any Race at Any Distance in Any Environment and Have Fun Doing It
Music by Jose Pena (29min. 10K guy at San Jose State!) & our Mariachi bands during the Mariachi Mile at the 408k ‘Race to the Row’ brought to you by Amazon.
About Run Local Pod
The Run Local Pod is a production of Soul Focus Sports and is hosted by founder & CEO, J.T. Service as well as the voice of Run Local Events, Josh Muxen.
We invite guests across the spectrum of society, including elite athletes, entrepreneurs, local legends and beyond. We like to use the sport of running to learn more about these individuals, their local community and what they’re doing to change the world. Frankly, we believe in the power movement and doing the doable at a local level.